Thursday, August 21, 2014

Date Night: Retro Style

It's date night.

We don't do this often.

And by often, I mean hardly ever.

A planned, organized evening where we dress up and head out somewhere special like real grown ups?

I can't actually remember the last time it happened.

They are playing "My Fair Lady" (1964) at Fort Edmonton Park's historic Capitol Theatre (restored in 2011 to its 1929 glory) so we thought we would dress the part, Mad Men style.

I will post pictures later. For now, I am going to enjoy one of my favourite movies with my very favourite person in our favourite way: quirky, crazy fun - style.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Date nights are so important for a relationship. We often get caught up in the day to day and with our kids that we take our spouse for granted. We need that time to reconnect without kids, without the daily pressures so that we can be that example for our kids. Sounds like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing (of MANY) that I love about you both is that you go all-out to make simple moments special. Your relationship with each other is inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete