Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 25: On sour moods

I am cranky today.

For real cranky.

The kind of cranky that makes it really hard for me to say anything positive.

I hate when I get this way, and thankfully it doesn't happen often, but I think my brain has just had "enough" this week.

The heat. The lack of sleep.  The stress.

And most importantly: I haven't had any time to myself.

And I mean that literally.  There were three days this week where I literally had so little time to myself that I couldn't even shower or eat a full meal.

I need to step away, in a big way.

It started this morning and just got worse throughout the day. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to read Facebook updates or look at pictures. I don't want to watch tv or even read a book.

Yes, even fictional characters are too much for me to handle visiting with tonight.

I don't even want to blog. I just don't.  I am doing it out of sheer obligation, but I have nothing to say worth saying.

This is what they call "burn out".

And I need to find a way to recharge.

So, tomorrow I am going through my schedule and systematically identifying the days that I have overbooked. And then I am purging my appointments and taking back a little of my much needed introversion.

I may actually cancel everything except family and kiddo obligations actually.

The thought of that makes me smile.

It actually makes me a little giddy.

This might be the first genuinely sincere smile I have had since 7 am.

Screw this day. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment