Friday, October 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Challenge #5: Rest for the weary

A bit of a break away from the "thank you" posts focusing on specific people, today's post is focusing on one very simple, but very real life luxury: The long weekend.

I've had one hell of a few months, and I feel like I haven't slept in years. My mind, my body and my soul need to relax and unwind...and while this may or may not happen this weekend, one thing is for sure: my house will finally get cleaned.

So tonight, I am grateful for having one extra day this weekend to catch up on some desperately needed housework and- if husband and child are so willing- maybe even an extra hour or two of sleep.

Government Of Canada- I salute you and your "holidays".


This is post is part of the October Thanksgiving Challenge. I will post a new Thank You blog post every day during the month of October. I encourage you to follow Kevin, the mastermind of this challenge at www.kevinolenick.wordpress.com and fellow blogger Natasha at www.naturalurbanmamas.com. And, if you're up to it, consider doing your own challenge, big or small, to remind yourself to focus on the many blessings in your life.  I've also added a slight 'writing' component to this month's challenge: No posts are to exceed 500 words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment