Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 24: Teamwork


Tonight is one of those nights where I have so much to say, and none of it is very good or nice.  So instead, I’m going to try to change my mindframe and go back to my happy topic: Jason.

I think my favourite thing about our marriage is how Jason and I handle stress.  We are both people who come apart at the seams when the pressure gets too high.  Most people don’t notice this because we do a really good job of hiding it; but the truth is that stress is extremely hard on our systems. 

Stress is one of those things that usually makes me pull away from people. It makes me regress, and even leads to some pretty nasty behaviour of my part. Most of my “uglier” moments have occurred during particularly stressful moments in my life.

And, before we got married, the same could easily have been said for Jason.

But now, everything has changed.  For some reason, we seem to be able to carry stress together. Instead of doubling the load, somehow it gets reduced in half. We find the humour in tough situations, and always seem to thrive under even the highest pressure.   We seldom argue, and are extremely fortunate to almost always agree on what the best course of action is. 

When the going gets tough, we come together. Like a team. Which is really what a family should be.

Also, if you happened to be on HWY 2 at about 11pm last night and happened to see a girl standing on the highway holding up a lantern while her husband changed a flat tire in the pitch black, that was me.  Thanks for not running us over. ;)


This blog is part of the 2012 Summer Blog Challenge (31 posts in 31 days).  To follow along with my fellow writers, visit their blogs: 

Natasha at Natural Urban Mamas
Meaghan at Magz D Life
Aramelle at One Wheeler's World
Cliff at Peer Pressure Works
Tam at Tam I Am 
Liam at In The Now 
Jessica at 2plus2X2

No comments:

Post a Comment